CSRS has extensive experience conducting and processing mail surveys. Our staff knows mail questionnaire layout requirements and will customize your project to meet your needs. Questionnaires can be produced in a wide variety of looks and feels. From one-color printing on basic paper stock, to full color printing on any paper stock or quality, we have extensive experience in designing full color documents in both offset and electronic printing.
Questionnaires can be personalized with name, address, or any other client supplied information, and we prepare personalized cover letters as required. CSRS can also add a unique identification number to connect an individual survey respondent with information previously known about this respondent to track responses over time.
CSRS handles complex sample data files and offers consultation on the numerous ways mail surveys can be executed. We will discuss the implications of using advance or pre-alert letters, reminder postcards, incentive options and multiple waves of mailings with you so you can choose the best option for your organization’s needs.
Over the many years of working with the U.S. Postal Service, CSRS has concrete experience determining the most cost-efficient way to handle your incoming/outgoing survey postage expenses, and will provide you with practical recommendations about the best method to use.
All mail surveys are returned to our Northridge location where we open, check-in, code, input, and provide you with tabulated results.
Using Mail Surveys
When most people think of surveys, they immediately think of online surveys that can be completed in under five minutes. While these are an efficient and effective way to collect data, there’s another form of survey that can be just as effective and at times even more so: the mail survey. Mail surveys have plenty of benefits but also require more work to implement than their electronic counterparts, so it’s important to understand why you might want to use them and how you should go about it when you do. Read on to learn why mail surveys are an essential tool in your market research arsenal and how to use them effectively.
What is a Mail Survey?
A mail survey is a type of survey that is conducted by sending out a questionnaire to a large group of people through the mail. This method is often used for marketing research or customer satisfaction surveys. A company may use this method if they want to find out how happy their customers are with their product and services, or how satisfied they are with what they have purchased. This way, the company can see where there are opportunities for improvement and make changes in order to make customers happier with their purchase. The company will also be able to see if it needs more products or different types of products in order to suit the needs of its customers better. If you plan on using a mail survey, make sure you design your questionnaire well so that the information you get back from those who answer is easy to read and understand. And don’t forget to include an incentive for your respondents!
Applicability of Mail Surveys
Mail surveys are useful when you need to reach people who are not easily accessible, such as those who live in remote areas or who do not have regular access to the internet. This is relevant for anyone looking for a survey that can be used for marketing purposes. It’s an easy and quick way to gather data about how consumers feel about your product and how they’re interacting with it. Mail surveys are one of the most cost-effective ways to conduct research!
Benefits of Mail Surveys
These are some benefits of mail surveys that you need to be aware of:
- It’s an efficient way to collect information.
- It’s easy to add questions to a mail survey.
- It’s also easy to make changes without having any down time.
- There’s no need to worry about creating and maintaining an online system.
- You can have full control over your data.
- Response rates are usually higher than web surveys or even telephone calls.
- You can easily store and analyze your data when it comes in, since there’s no need to create an online or database system.
Disadvantages of Mail Surveys
Mail Surveys have disadvantages too. So make sure you take the time to do it right and you will be rewarded with accurate and reliable data for your next marketing campaign. Mailed surveys are one of the most economical and efficient methods of collecting market research data, but they also have some drawbacks that need to be considered before initiating a campaign. The process may seem easy enough at first, but if not done correctly, mailed surveys can yield inaccurate or misleading results. There are several reasons why this may happen; here are a few:
- It can be difficult to target a specific audience with mail surveys.
- The results can be skewed because some people will simply not answer them.
- You can’t control who will answer your questions or how they answer them.
- If you don’t mail your survey to enough people, your results won’t be accurate.
- Some companies are prohibited from doing mail surveys by law because they might be seen as spam.
Steps in Ensuring a Successful Survey Campaign:
To ensure your survey is successful, follow these four steps:
- Plan your questions carefully. You want to make sure you’re asking the right questions to get the information you need.
- Design your survey so it’s easy to understand and answer. No one wants to spend hours filling out a survey, so make it as concise and straightforward as possible.
- Ask for feedback. Most people like giving their opinions, so ask them to give you feedback about your business or product after they’ve taken your survey. This can provide useful insight into what areas of your business need improvement.
- Check and follow up on your results. You don’t want to waste all of that time gathering information if you’re not going to review it and act on it.
Mail surveys are a great way to collect data from customers or employees and California Survey Research Services, Inc. is here to help you. We are a company that specializes in designing and conducting mail surveys for businesses. Whether you need assistance with planning the content of your survey, reviewing questionnaire design, or collecting responses from your respondents, we have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through each step. Contact us today for more information!