Effective: April, 2011
California Survey Research Services, Inc. Commitment to Privacy
California Survey Research Services, Inc. (CSRS) is fully committed to comply with the code of conduct established by the Market Research Association Code of Marketing Research Standards and the American Association for Public Opinion Research Code of Professional Ethics and Standards.
These principles uphold the following:
- The confidentiality of the individual data obtained through CSRS surveys will be protected.
- CSRS will not use information to identify respondents without the permission of the respondent, except to those who check the data or are involved in processing the data.
- CSRS shall not disclose or use the names of respondents or any other personally-identifying information for non-research purposes unless the respondents grant us permission to do so.
- CSRS will respect the respondent’s right to withdraw or to refuse to cooperate at any stage of a study.
- Personal information (Name, Address & Phone Number) and individual responses remain confidential and are only reported in aggregate. Information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of the research industry without your permission unless required by law, or in support of any legal or criminal investigation.
- CSRS will adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) as it applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13 years of age and will obtain permission and document consent of a parent, legal guardian or responsible guardian before interviewing children under 13 years of age. Prior to obtaining permission, the interviewer should divulge the subject matter, length of the interview and other special tasks that may be required of the respondent.
Should you have questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.